Dawning Star
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Advice on a going feral - ready for the raid..

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Denial

Denial

Advice on a going feral - ready for the raid.. Empty
PostSubject: Advice on a going feral - ready for the raid..   Advice on a going feral - ready for the raid.. EmptyThu 22 Jan 2009 - 2:22

In another area of the forum we have discussed a raid on the Scarlet monastery this Friday. I am down as Tanking in bear form.. A bit unsure as I have never actually bothered with the animal side of things but I am willing to do my best..

The situation is I now have acquired all the Feral spells I can buy at level 40. My talent tree is totally balance, nothing apportioned to the feral side at all.. That was my choice when building my druid and I stick by it.. I generally lure and then spell attack and heal/revive where possible. Tanking sounds quite exciting actually... A nice change maybe??

Rolling Eyes

Okay, I have resigned myself to try the tanking (if nothing else it will be an experience Laughing , but I am level 40 and should do alright) and have been practicing in the Badlands with my Dire bear and cat form.
Now I need some expert advice on controlling and topping the rage. I have no idea how to increase and maintain it..
The Auction House rage potions I can find are warrior only.. Am I missing something obvious?

I want us to do well and I don't want to be the one letting the side down..!!

Help before Friday is really appreciated Guild Buddies.

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Denial

Denial

PostSubject: Re: Advice on a going feral - ready for the raid..   Advice on a going feral - ready for the raid.. EmptyThu 22 Jan 2009 - 13:31

I do understand, by the way, that rage is built by fighting. I just think that there has to be a top up somewhere. Any help is appreciated. :study:
Back to top Go down
lucianus

PostSubject: Re: Advice on a going feral - ready for the raid..   Advice on a going feral - ready for the raid.. EmptyThu 22 Jan 2009 - 22:28

well warriors have some skills called 'charge' - 'bloodrage' and 'berserker rage' that generate a full rage bar in less than 12 seconds but i think those are warrior skills only...
Back to top Go down
Danyeal

PostSubject: Re: Advice on a going feral - ready for the raid..   Advice on a going feral - ready for the raid.. EmptyFri 30 Jan 2009 - 11:28

lucianus wrote:
well warriors have some skills called 'charge' - 'bloodrage' and 'berserker rage' that generate a full rage bar in less than 12 seconds but i think those are warrior skills only...

you also have a rage building spell .. dont remember the name but the icon is a pink tauren on it and be sure to use that all the time, and dont use Swipe since it does shit damage and low damage, only thing u should use is Maul, until u get mangle at level 50! .. So maul is the key! you can also specc that 5/5 in resto tree, where u get 10 rage each time u shapeshift. thats all I can come up for now, ill look around and see if i can find something else ! good luck in there m8
Back to top Go down
Zarayah

Zarayah

PostSubject: Re: Advice on a going feral - ready for the raid..   Advice on a going feral - ready for the raid.. EmptyFri 30 Jan 2009 - 17:14

okay... here is the run-down of beartanking mechanics:

Okay... you first basic agrogaining skill is Growl : this increases your threat for the current target, or said in another way: they hit you. so this is a singletarget threat increase. So you use this to get initial agro, and keep agro when its off its 8 sec cd. So this is used on the maintarget. And as you often need to pull, your spell for that is Faerie Fire (Feral).

The other instant threat increase skill you have is Challenging Roar , this is an AOE hit me for 6 secs skill. So this is usually used for ohh shit adds situations, or the healer is dying.

This is for making ppl hit you, and if you take dmg you generate rage, you also generate rage by doing dmg. Another way of getting rage is by using Enrage, will allow you to get some rage at the cost of some armor.

Then as you are balance specc your main attackspell/ability will be: Maul, this you keep up all the time and as it is on par with the swing timer you can use this while using other instant abilities. If you have more than one target you will be using Swipe this attacks multiple target as many as there is in range. So that is for multitarget tanking. And then last but not least Demoralizing Roar, this decreases enemy mobs' attackpower and by that increases your threat with them.

So doing more dmg increases your threat with the target(s), therefore at low lvl it is mostly about doing dmg, and keep growling at the main target.

That is about it, it was written a bit fast so if you have any questions just ask, either here or when I come online
Back to top Go down
Smackylips

Smackylips

PostSubject: Re: Advice on a going feral - ready for the raid..   Advice on a going feral - ready for the raid.. EmptyFri 30 Jan 2009 - 17:21

Yeah what he said...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice on a going feral - ready for the raid..   Advice on a going feral - ready for the raid.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Advice on a going feral - ready for the raid..
Page 1 of 1