Dawning Star
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Twinks

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Smackylips

Smackylips

Twinks Empty
PostSubject: Twinks   Twinks EmptyMon 2 Feb 2009 - 20:32

Hey everyone,

I'm making a twink of my gnome rogue at level 19 if anyone is interested of joining with making a level 19 twink yourself let me know so maybe we can help each other out with our mains to do some item farming and have some grouped WG matches with our twinks.

For those of you who don't know what a twink is I'll explain it by copy pasting an article from WoWWiki. Wink

Twinks are player characters who have gained the best powerful gear for their level with enhancements such as expensive weapon enchants, leg patches and BoE/BoP greens, blues or epics. Twinks are mainly used in PvP fighting and Battlegrounds. Twinks obtain their items through rare drops, drops off of bosses in instances, rewards from quests that are difficult to complete at their level, and from the Auction House. Twink items on the Auction House can be expensive. Twink enchantments can only be performed by high-level characters. Therefore, twinking usually requires significant assistance from high-level alts, friends, and/or guild members. However, there are examples of self-made twinks that generate the necessary gold from Auction House trading or other in-game methods.

Twinking is common in MMORPGs, including World of Warcraft, though many mechanisms are in place that limit a player's ability to equip a character with gear beyond its level. Although Blizzard remains neutral on the subject and has confirmed that they neither endorse nor oppose twinking, the topic continues to be very controversial in the game. While some argue that twinking a character requires considerable effort and is a legitimate goal and facet of game-play, some argue that twinking is an inappropriate use of gold, and that they have an unfair advantage against regular players in PVP. Twinks are generally lvl 19 or 29, although they can be any level between 1-80.
Back to top Go down
Smackylips

Smackylips

Twinks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twinks   Twinks EmptyTue 3 Mar 2009 - 22:40

I got Pocahotass level 19 and geared up nicely all I need now are some good enchants. No one yet who wants to join me in some good warsong gulch slaughter?
Back to top Go down
Gwendollyn

Gwendollyn

Twinks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twinks   Twinks EmptyWed 4 Mar 2009 - 3:44

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil HOT HOT HOT !!! You have my sword, well u have the sword and staff of my Draenai mage Kelzun. He is not a twink, but is a lvl 19, i may do him some enchants with Gwen ( for ya too) and we may kik it. Guys in there are a really twinks so we will not be the best, but i am a BGs addict, so i will stay with Kelzun on lvl 19 to make some solid asskiking there Smile I can afford to keep him on lvl 19 some time because i still have nine other chars to play lvl up and play with Smile So tomarow, well its today already if u will be in game we may do some rounds together Smile See ya there baby...
Back to top Go down
Ailith

Ailith

Twinks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twinks   Twinks EmptyWed 4 Mar 2009 - 13:15

I made a Draenei pally as a twink but she's still lvl3.. Sad lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Twinks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twinks   Twinks Empty

Back to top Go down

Twinks