Dawning Star
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Addons

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Congieled

Congieled

Addons Empty
PostSubject: Addons   Addons EmptyTue 24 Mar 2009 - 22:19

Just a few tips for addons that are good for leveling, adapting your interface and raiding/instancing!

All are available to download from www.curse.com
To install an addon all you have to do is have a program to unpack zip folders, this is usually included on most systems but if not you can easily download winzip from www.downloads.com

Firstly go to www.curse.com and search for any addons you think may be usfull (a list of some I use or have used in the past will follow)

Step 1. Download the file manually (dont use the curse client its usless and can fail a fair bit)
Step 2. Unzip the file to your wow addons folder (To find this go into your world of warcraft folder, go into interface and then the addons folder) Click the item and place unzip here and type the location or have the addons folder open and drag the zip file using right click.
Step 3. Once the file is unziped exit all WoW game fully and re open wow using the Blizzard/WoW launcher. Once you have logged in and on your charactor screen a button in the bottem left hand corener will appear called addons (this is where you can enable and disable the addons from within the game)

Seems easy but if you have any questions I'm sure lots of people in the guild have downloaded assons and can help.

Suggested Addons!

Quest Helper - A really easy questing tool, it will track your quests like the normal quest track but you can move it arround your screen, plus a nifty addition is if you open your world map in game, the addon will show an icon where the places you need to go and the quest name to make questing easier!
Bartender - Basically replaces the blizzard user interface and button bars, you can enable or disable upto 12 icon bars allowing you to store more buttons on your screen, also you can move the bars to any location you prefer.
Deadly boss mods - Possibly one of the best raiding or instance addons in games, giving timers and cast bars for boss special abilities so you know what is comming and when to expect it.
Omen - Everyone should have this addon! we know in instances tanks have to build agro to stops mobs attacking the party? yer well this mod gives a visual and numerical value to the threat accuratly describing if any1 is close to or has puller agro from a tank... and if a dps is getting high on agro then they can slow down n let the tank get a bit more control.
Recount - A reasonable damage/healing meter. it does have its limitations but it is simple and easy to track who is doing the best damage and who might need some help/tips to maxing their damage output, also counts healing damage per second decursing and lots more! nice stats gathering to follow party/raid performance!
Healbot - A simple addon that shows health bars of any1 in party/raid, simple to set up and heals by clicking the persons name(healthbar), you set different spels to different mouse buttons enabling more efficiant healing!
Decursive - A must for all mages,druids,pallys,shammys, priests and any1 who can remove debuffs really! simple small blocks that represent each party members, that will flash a different colour depending on the debuff, works just like healbot left click to remove curse, right click remove desease...so on so forth!
Titan panel - This is basically a utility addon, it will add a thin bar to the top or bottem or both on your screen, allowing you to track gold across all chars on 1 server, bag slots, xp to next level, xp earned since logged in and estimated times to level... also has a repair tracker that keeps durability info of your char telling u how much repairs will cost and such!
Atlas - an addon that allows you to see names of loot that drops off bosses *This is required ffor the enhanced version below to work...alone its pretty usless
Atlas loot enhanced - Shows loot tables, item stats, drop chances pvp rewards and costs, faction rewards and rep prices, and able to link any profession, so for example you need an enchant, go to enchanting select the item slot and every enchant for that slot available in game is there telling u what mats u need!

Edited with a few new ones I forgot/ been prompted to update

Last edited by Congieled on Wed 25 Mar 2009 - 23:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Denial

Denial

Addons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addons   Addons EmptyWed 25 Mar 2009 - 2:33

Some good stuff here.
I only actually have quest helper sometimes but these others are good stuff
pirate
Back to top Go down
Brozarius

Brozarius

Addons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addons   Addons EmptyWed 25 Mar 2009 - 12:10

Very good info!
Have to dive into this matter some time ... Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Bink

Bink

Addons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addons   Addons EmptyThu 26 Mar 2009 - 1:23

I use (from curse) questhelper and cartographer (for all instances, zones and cities), but the loot addon seems a good one to, nice options you've put up here, i'll go and see what is usefull for me... Thanx !
Back to top Go down
Onamish

Onamish

Addons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addons   Addons EmptySun 5 Apr 2009 - 4:38

Curse is nice but a much more hectic addon....

I prefer to use the client from wowmatrix.com
It's similar to the curse client but has been going a lot longer and is a lot simpler to use. Also it doesn't pester you about updates, you can up date addons when you see fit.

The only add on I truly recommend as well as the above is Tomtom. Satnav for your quests. Works awesome with Questhelper and I think Cartographer also has one built in. I'm not a fan of cartographer though so can't say for sure

Ninja
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Addons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addons   Addons Empty

Back to top Go down

Addons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dawning Star :: General Discussions-
Jump to: