Dawning Star
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Installing WoW somewhere else ...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brozarius

Brozarius

Installing WoW somewhere else ... Empty
PostSubject: Installing WoW somewhere else ...   Installing WoW somewhere else ... EmptyThu 19 Mar 2009 - 11:01

Does anyone have experience on running the official World of Warcraft cdrom on both a pc and a laptop?
I mean is it possible to install the game on another computer once you have installed it on your first one, run them both, without buying the game again?
Back to top Go down
Belias

Belias

PostSubject: Re: Installing WoW somewhere else ...   Installing WoW somewhere else ... EmptyThu 19 Mar 2009 - 16:06

Of course, there's no key you need to enter or anything. You just need your account name and password, as alyways Wink

The only thing is the DREADFUL and LONG installation process! Not only the installation, but downloading and installing all the patches... It can take around 6 hours if you're downloading everything! (Yes, it happened to me, luckily i burned all the patches up till now on a DVD so I don't have to worry about downloading them again)

What I suggest, especially if you don't want to download the gigabytes of patches and to have tp set up your add-ons again, is to COPY the WOW folder from the PC you're using it on to the new one. Burn it on few DVDs or a USB stick or something and just copy and paste it. It's perfectly safe and functional since the installation doesn't leave any registry settings or similar.
Back to top Go down
Brozarius

Brozarius

PostSubject: Re: Installing WoW somewhere else ...   Installing WoW somewhere else ... EmptyThu 19 Mar 2009 - 16:33

Nice info! Thanks!

I already noticed the updates in the WoW folders, good thing I kept 'm for later use.
Already virtually shopping for a new laptop ... business ofcourse, but it would be nice to carry around WoW on it Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Installing WoW somewhere else ...   Installing WoW somewhere else ... Empty

Back to top Go down

Installing WoW somewhere else ...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dawning Star :: General Discussions-
Jump to: