Dawning Star
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dual spec

Go down 
+4
Bink
Ailith
Belias
Denial
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Denial

Denial

Dual spec Empty
PostSubject: Dual spec   Dual spec EmptyTue 17 Mar 2009 - 21:42

I have just been reading about a couple of the patch updates on their way.
Dual spec has been whispered for a while now and they have finally confirmed a few bits of info.

The minimum level requirement will be 40, not as previously thought of as 80..
It is going to cost us 1000 gold to have.
But when we do have it, we can change spec anywhere and not have to sort out a lexicon of power.
Duel speccing will also take 5 seconds to do when swapping from one to another..

This all sounds really interesting, apart from the price!!!
But it is a one off payment and sounds like a cool idea..
I am considering it. Anyone else?
Anybody know more than this?

I haven't even seen a date...

pirate
Back to top Go down
Belias

Belias

Dual spec Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual spec   Dual spec EmptyTue 17 Mar 2009 - 23:11

Definately a GREAT feature!
Now you can have a party build and a solo build (or a BG build if PvP is your thing), which makes it much easier to play different roles, depending on what you're doing. Very useful.

Yeah, the price is high.... but it's just one time, so it's no big of a deal. Though not many characters at 40 have 1000 gold, unless they're alts or twinks, it's certainly possible at higher levels (70-80)
Back to top Go down
Ailith

Ailith

Dual spec Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual spec   Dual spec EmptyWed 18 Mar 2009 - 1:03

Thanks Denial! Very Happy I've been reading about dual specs too.... But I didn't know that you won't need to be near a Lexicon after all.. That's great news! Razz
Back to top Go down
Bink

Bink

Dual spec Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual spec   Dual spec EmptyWed 18 Mar 2009 - 3:11

Okay guys, surely i can go and read and search items about this topic, but i also can ask my beloved fellow guild members...
What is duel spec???? and how can it be helpfull???
Question
Back to top Go down
Vesprin

Vesprin

Dual spec Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual spec   Dual spec EmptyWed 18 Mar 2009 - 12:34

The main idea is that you'll be able to have 2 talent specs at the same time and change between them with just a single mouse-click Smile
Those builds will also probably have their own glyphs and keybindings tied with them.

For example a Retribution build for soloing and leveling quickly + a Holy build to change to when you are in the mood to heal in a party.

Now every change of talents ("respec") need to be done at a trainer, and costs up to 50g, which can quickly add-up if you change them often... Smile
Back to top Go down
Brozarius

Brozarius

Dual spec Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual spec   Dual spec EmptyWed 18 Mar 2009 - 13:18

Yeah, dual spec means that you can have two different talent trees wich you can switch any time you want.
So for a pally you can have a retribution talent tree and a holy or protection tree at the same time wich you can switch to.
Maybe this makes it more clear (images of the talent tree included): link tot the official wow-site
Back to top Go down
Bink

Bink

Dual spec Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual spec   Dual spec EmptyThu 19 Mar 2009 - 2:16

Thanx guys, just read about it on the wow pages. Sounds cool, would like to build a second tree, but 1000 gold... thats gonna be some hard work, hehe !
Back to top Go down
Congieled

Congieled

Dual spec Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual spec   Dual spec EmptyTue 7 Apr 2009 - 12:28

erm yer dual spec is the best idea since...well they made flying mounts! its brilliant idea and gives people more functionality. great for classes that can multi spec (ie druid,pally,shammy,priests,wariors and DK's) from being to choose 2 from tanking dpsing and healing. A little less impressive for the pure dps classes out there (Walock,mage,hunter and rogue) though it does open up the posability for every class to make a main pve spec and a main pvp spec to enable more functionality through the game. For example a shammy playing elemental in the game but having resto spec in dual spec for pvp or for pve to enable them 2 heal or dps whatever the groups needs are.

there is also an outfitter addon being implimented into the game at the same time as dual spec and another interface mod. basically for the dual spec all glyphs and action bars will be tied to the tallent spec, thus giving u the ability to glyph up differently for each spec. also your action bars will also change for this and can be set 2 change when changing stance and such for wariors and dk's and again they will change for the spec.

but you will not be able to change in arenas or battlegrouns so whichever spec u enter u must use. you will not be able to change spec in battle, so no stunning a target and trying to change spec.

Personally I do think there are some downsides...you will get some 12yr old kid who baught some gold with his/her birthday money from some crappy gold website to buy this and be specced tank/healer and wipe raids/instances so many times from not actually learning how to play the spec! So please if your planning to spec with 2 different specs...do some research and dont end up looking like a 12 yr old girl with pigtails and stuble...aka Denial lmao! *soz Dan*

Oh and ps. at level 80 you can pretty much make 1000G in about 5-6hours grind/questing dailys and instances and such... so it isnt actually somthing required right away. (through BC aka outlands 58-69 you can make 4k gold if you purly quest every zone fully, 69-80 if you do the same you will make roughly 11k gold if you complete al;l quests in every zone. so dont be to disapointed at 1k gold pricetag just get leveling and enjoy questing n get it when you can...)
Back to top Go down
Denial

Denial

Dual spec Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual spec   Dual spec EmptyTue 7 Apr 2009 - 15:37

Why is it always my name that comes up?? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Ailith

Ailith

Dual spec Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual spec   Dual spec EmptyTue 7 Apr 2009 - 15:59

Dual spec Whistle
Back to top Go down
Onamish

Onamish

Dual spec Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual spec   Dual spec EmptyTue 7 Apr 2009 - 19:03

I love it when WoW's Official Sites contradict themselves;

Code:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/dualspec.html
Quote :
Nethaera: How do you switch between specs?
Ghostcrawler: Players will be able to switch between their talent specs by visiting any Lexicon of Power provided they’ve paid for the ability to have a secondary spec. Lexicons of Power will be available in major cities, and inscribers will also be able to create a new item that summons one. Anyone can purchase this item, but it requires a ritual of several players to summon it for use by the party. It’s similar to a repair bot in that it will exist in the world for a short duration. It’s important to keep in mind that you will not be able to switch specs while in combat or Arenas. While you won’t be able to switch your spec without the Lexicon, you will still be able to look at your secondary spec whenever you want to.

Nethaera: Will solo players have the ability to switch their specs outside of the cities or will they still need to visit a Lexicon of Power?
Ghostcrawler: Solo players will still need to go into the city to visit the Lexicon of Power to switch their talent spec or will need to get together with other players to summon one in.

Code:
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/underdev/index.html
Quote :
Lexicons of Power will not be necessary for switching between saved talent specs and glyphs. Players will be able to switch between their chosen talents anywhere.

It's a great idea and yeah, the 1000 gold isn't too hard to come by. As for the cost and criteria for changing, I've learnt not to dig up info from official sources. The truth is they don't know themselves until it's actually released and even then, it could all change.
Back to top Go down
Congieled

Congieled

Dual spec Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual spec   Dual spec EmptyWed 8 Apr 2009 - 12:23

Originally the Lexicons of power idea and first press release was done a t blizcon last year (october I think) and thye have had loadsa feedback and help on the PTR(Public test realms) to refine and change the idea to become what it needs to be...and thats a great idea with good execusion and not some good idea with piss poor execution...
Back to top Go down
Onamish

Onamish

Dual spec Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual spec   Dual spec EmptyWed 8 Apr 2009 - 17:06

Pinch

That made no sense to me Shocked

pirate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dual spec Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual spec   Dual spec Empty