Dawning Star
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Priest spell bugs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Smackylips

Smackylips

Priest spell bugs Empty
PostSubject: Priest spell bugs   Priest spell bugs EmptyMon 9 Mar 2009 - 20:52

Hey all,

There are 2 things I'm wondering if this is how its supposed to work or if its bugged.

The first is Holy Nova, an AoE spell that both heals party members and deals damage to near by enemies with no threat. The thing is when I cast this spell that it never hits totems.. can mages hit totems with their AoE spells or are totems immune to AoE spells?

Next problem is with Power Word: Shield. Whenever I'm victim of a warrior hitting me with Shieldbash while casting either Holy or Shadow spells I can't use Power Word: Shield anymore either which is neither from the Holy nor Shadow school but from the Discipline book.

This is what the discription of Shieldbash says: "Bash the target with your shield dazing them and interrupting spellcasting, which prevents any spell in that school from being cast for 6 seconds." So it doesn't make sence I can't use my shield anymore after falling victim to Shieldbash when I'm casting Holy Fire or Smite. This doesn't only limit my attack but it also takes me only defensive spell away.
Back to top Go down
Belias

Belias

Priest spell bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priest spell bugs   Priest spell bugs EmptyMon 9 Mar 2009 - 22:46

I can't AoE totems with either my pally or mage, so I guess that's a yes, they seem to be immune.

PW:S is from the Holy school, that's why you can't use it.
http://www.wowwiki.com/Power_Word:_Shield

Quote :
Properties
Type: Defensive
School: Holy
Cooldown: 4 seconds
Back to top Go down
Smackylips

Smackylips

Priest spell bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priest spell bugs   Priest spell bugs EmptyMon 9 Mar 2009 - 23:24

Sucks about the totems but you got some wrong info about Power Word: Shield there cos this is what my spellbook says..

Priest spell bugs WoWScrnShot_030909_212123

According to WoWwiki Power Word: Fortitude is a Holy spell aswell. PW:F

They can be found in the Discipline talent tree aswell so they're definalty Discipline spells.

Maybe they should actually even try to play WoW at WoWwiki...
Back to top Go down
Belias

Belias

Priest spell bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priest spell bugs   Priest spell bugs EmptyTue 10 Mar 2009 - 1:27

No, the info is correct. There's no Discipline as a magic school. It's either Shadow or Holy. Talent trees have nothing to do with it.

You can think of it as school of elements: frost, fire, arcane, holy, shadow, nature.
Read this for more info:
Quote :
http://www.wowwiki.com/Magic_schools_(WoW)
Back to top Go down
Smackylips

Smackylips

Priest spell bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priest spell bugs   Priest spell bugs EmptyTue 10 Mar 2009 - 14:34

Well... That just sucks. Hmm
Back to top Go down
Belias

Belias

Priest spell bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priest spell bugs   Priest spell bugs EmptyTue 10 Mar 2009 - 19:00

Yeah, priests are so underpowered, that's why I don't play mine anymore. Blizzard really need to do something about the priest class, it's so unrewarding to play compared to other classes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Priest spell bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priest spell bugs   Priest spell bugs Empty

Back to top Go down

Priest spell bugs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dawning Star :: Classes-
Jump to: